Brown County Property Search (Kansas)

The Brown County Assessor is responsible for determining the value of property in order to determine Brown County property taxes. The Brown County Assessment Office collect data from on-site inspections, value assessments for construction or improvements, comparable sales, and calculations of depreciation. The Brown County Tax Assessor maintains current data on every parcel in the Brown County, which includes ownership information, maps of property lines, inventories of parcels and structures, and the value of all the property in the Brown County, KS. The Brown County Assessor’s Office can answer questions regarding Brown County property tax appeals and assessments, Brown County property tax rates and payment due dates.

Brown County Assessor's Office Hiawatha KS 601 Oregon Street 66434 785-742-7232

The Brown County Clerk files important documents and preserves municipal records in order to maintain an archive of Brown County property records that can be accessed by the public. The Clerk's Office is a valuable source of information on property in Brown County, Kansas. The Brown County Clerk's Office contains documentation on real estate excise taxes, registered land, and property transactions, as well as land documents including Brown County deeds, mortgages, and liens on properties.

Brown County Clerk Hiawatha KS 601 Oregon Street 66434 785-742-2581

Everest City Clerk Everest KS 717 Main Street 66424 785-548-7776

Horton City Clerk Horton KS 205 East 8th Street 66439 785-486-2681

Morrill City Clerk Morrill KS 612 Roxanna Street 66515 785-459-2231

The Brown County Recorders of Deeds maintain public records, particularly documents related to property and land records, and make them available for public access in Brown County, KS. The Office of Recorder of Deeds in Brown County is a valuable source of information on property records The Recorder of Deeds maintains documents on land transactions within its jurisdictions, including Brown County deeds and titles, mortgages, property ownership records, surveys, and easements, as well as tax liens.

Brown County Recorder of Deeds Hiawatha KS 601 Oregon Street 66434 785-742-3741

Brown County Town Halls and City Hall are the chief administrative offices that runs the town or city. The Town Hall or City Hall often maintains records related to the locality, including Brown County property taxes, property value assessments, and land transactions, as well as property sales and transfers in Brown County, Kansas.

Fairview City Hall Fairview KS 505 W FRONT St 66425 785-467-3200

Hiawatha City Hall Hiawatha KS 701 Oregon Street 66434 785-742-7417

Robinson City Hall Robinson KS 118 Parsons Street 66532 785-544-6850

The Brown County Treasurer and Tax Collector’s Office is responsible for the collection of Brown County property tax revenue. The Treasurer and Tax Collector maintains current Brown County property tax information including Brown County property ownership information, GIS Maps, tax maps, historical property tax rates, lists of sold parcels, and is also charged with the sale of properties due to a default on taxes in Brown County, Kansas.

Brown County Treasurer's Office Hiawatha KS 601 Oregon Street 66434 785-742-2051